Networks’ Security Measures
Please note that you are responsible for protecting any user name(s) and password(s) that provide you with access to the Sites. Networks disclaim any responsibility for a breach of privacy as a result of your willingly or inadvertently disclosing user name(s) and password(s) to others.
The Information Network Collects and How It Is Used
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
Simply stated, Networks do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems. Networks encourage parents and guardians to go online with their children and suggest the following to help make a child’s online experience safer:
• Teach children never to give personally identifiable information (such as name, address, phone number, school, etc.) unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult;
• Know the websites your children are visiting and which websites are appropriate; and
• Look for website privacy policies. Know how your child’s information is treated.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
We use and share the personally identifiable information you provide on the Sites for several purposes. For example, Networks may use the information:
• To provide the services you request;
• To process your purchases and subscriptions;
• To provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for such third parties direct marketing purposes;
• By sharing personal information with our affiliates for promotional, operational or other lawful purposes;
• To send you promotional emails and emails containing information about the Sites. If you don’t want to receive promotional emails from us, please refer to the Email Opt-Out Policy below;
• To help provide you with the ability to create personal profile areas;
• To provide customer feedback, service and support;
• To support and run contests, sweepstakes or other marketing or promotional activities on the Sites;
• To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers;
• To understand more about you, so we can personalize newsletters and websites to your preferences;
• To enhance your web browsing experience and help personalize the Sites for your viewing preferences;
• To allow you to forward information to another individual such as a friend or co-worker. Networks do not store the personal information about the third party to whom you forward such information; we only collect the information for the sole purpose of sending a one-time email. If you choose to use our referral service to inform a colleague or friend, we will only ask for a contact name and email address;
• To meet contractual obligations; and
• As permitted by applicable law.
We use operational service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, such as maintaining the Sites and our mailing lists, storing, processing and transmitting data, creating and executing email campaigns, processing purchase and subscription transactions, and providing marketing assistance, web analytics and data analysis. We may provide your personally identifiable information to these operational service providers when the information is necessary for them to perform their duties. We request that our operational service providers protect your privacy and not disclose your personally identifiable information to third party marketers that are not associated with Networks. Additionally, we request such providers not to use your personally identifiable information for their own marketing or promotional purposes.
Cookies and IP Address Information
Additionally, we may use IP address information to count and track aggregate visits to the Sites, to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the Sites. It is not our policy to link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable; while a particular user’s session can be tracked, the user typically remains completely anonymous.
Third Party Ad Servers
We may use third-party advertising companies and advertising networks to serve certain ads to you on our behalf when you visit the Sites or other websites. These third-party delivered ads appearing on the Sites may be delivered to you by DoubleClick and 24/7 Real Media. Please be aware that we may add or subtract from this list of third-party advertising companies in the future, in our sole discretion and without notice to you. Information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites, may be used in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to the Sites, a third-party advertising company may place or recognize a unique cookie or web beacon on your browser. For more information about DoubleClick and 24/7 Real Media, cookies, and how to "opt-out," please click here.
Information Posted to Any Community Feature
If you chose to use a forum, a blog, participate in a chat room or otherwise use a community feature available through the Sites, you should be aware that any personally identifiable or other information you post can be read, collected or used by other users of the Sites, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages or used in an otherwise unauthorized manner. We cannot be responsible for any personally identifiable or other information you choose to post through those means and we recommend careful consideration before you post such information.
We may include links to other websites we think may be of interest to you or operated by our business partners, affiliates, advertisers and others. These websites include, but are not limited to, the SNY.TV website. These third parties may have separate data collection and privacy practices independent from ours, and Networks cannot be responsible for their policies or activities. Please contact those third parties directly if you have questions about their privacy policies.
Accessing and Updating Information
To access or update the personally identifiable information that Networks may have, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Please include your email address and indicate the nature of your request or the information you wish to change. In addition, you may delete the cookie stored on your computer, which will cause our system to perceive you as a new user with no known user data. You may also set your browser to reject cookies, but doing so may prevent you from using some of our services. There may be certain instances when Networks may not be able to respond, such as when access would violate the privacy of another individual, when access is prohibited by law, or when the personally identifiable information has been lawfully obtained from third party sources.
Email Opt-Out Policy
You may opt-out of receiving promotional email communications from us by emailing us at: email@example.com or writing to us at: Comcast Sports Group, One Comcast Center, Philadelphia, PA 19103, Attn: Business and Legal Affairs.
In addition, when we contact you via email, we may include instructions to unsubscribe from future emails if you so choose.
Please allow sufficient time for us to process your opt-out request.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and would like to opt-out from the disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please make your request by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Comcast Sports Group, One Comcast Center, Philadelphia, PA 19103, Attn: Business and Legal Affairs.
Though we will make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personally identifiable information when required by law or if we have a good-faith belief the action is necessary to comply with a pending judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on Networks or to protect our rights or the rights of others, to fight fraud, identity theft, to ensure the integrity and operation of our business and systems, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Networks, its employees, members or others.
Comcast Sports Group
One Comcast Center
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Attn: Business and Legal Affairs.
Or by email at: email@example.com
©2011 Comcast Sports Management Services, LLC. All rights reserved.